For your convenience, below are links to our most frequently asked questions concerning your privacy:
• What information is being collected at CarlyForCA.com?
• How is the information collected at CarlyForCA.com used?
• Are my personal and credit card information secured?
• Can I change my information or opt out of emailings?
• How do I contact Carly for California?
• Will this policy change?
• In our effort to grow our grassroots community online, CarlyForCA.com may at times ask you to submit information – such as your name, address, phone number and email address. This data is collected to provide you with information you want in a timely manner, such as online events, personal appearances, TV appearances, talking points, activist alerts and other related information. Information such as your personal preferences, related groups, responses to poll questions and other information may be collected to help enhance your user experience.Si c'est votre première course, utilisez un coupon uber pour prendre le taxi.
• How we use log files to better serve you: We use log files to assess the aggregate level of traffic to CarlyForCA.com including what pages people are visiting, and to diagnose any potential problems with the Web site. This log file does contain an “Internet Protocol” or IP address that gives us insight on the general geographic area that visitors are coming from but not information on a specific individual. All users remain anonymous unless they choose to give us personally identifiable information, or log in to the website using a username and password or through a cookie stored on the user computer.
• Information collected when you donate: When you make a contribution to Carly for California, federal law requires us to collect and report the following information: name, mailing address, employer, occupation, and amount of contribution. Federal law requires us to report this information to the Federal Election Commission if an individual’s contribution or contributions aggregate in excess of $200 in a single election cycle. Contributions from corporations, government contractors, foreign nationals without a “green card,” and minors (individuals under the age of 18) are prohibited. Any credit card information provided is only used to immediately process your donation. Carly for California does not retain your credit card information once the donation is processed online. Carly for California may also choose to publicly disclose donors online or in other methods.
• We ask that children under thirteen do not submit their information: In accordance with the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA) CarlyForCA.com will never knowingly collect personal identifiable information from persons thirteen years old or younger. Parents with questions may contact us. CarlyForCA.com encourages parents to participate actively in their children’s Internet experience.
• We personalize the website and email communications. When you offer your personal information and/or choose to participate in our online efforts we may use your information to personalize and customize Web pages and emails from CarlyForCA.com to you.
• CarlyForCA.com may list information about donors, volunteers and selected supporters to encourage and reward participation in fundraising, volunteer and other initiatives. We may also post some information about donors in the interest of openness and transparency in campaign financing. Because of FEC requirements and our commitment to openness in campaign financing, we treat donor names and associated city, state and zip code as public information.
• We will not sell your personal information. Carly for California will not sell your information to third parties or any commercial entities. We may contact you on behalf of other endorsed candidates or organizations. We may share information — that you voluntarily provide us — with like-minded organizations committed to the principles or candidates of the Republican party, Republican State Party organizations, local Republican groups and like-minded organizations. Carly for California may provide your email address or other personal information to authorized third parties required to deliver a particular service. These third parties may not use said information for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for Carly for California.
• Protecting information you provide via CarlyForCA.com. Carly for California makes every effort to protect your information from the moment you begin to enter your information until it is stored on our secure servers. CarlyForCA.com uses a secure socket layer (SSL) – with the highest level of encryption commercially available – on pages where Web site visitors register or make a secure online donation using their credit card. Strict security measures are in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of any and all information pertaining to CarlyForCA.com. In addition, CarlyForCA.com is run on servers located in a secure server room and locked in a rack. Staff is onsite 24 hours a day, monitoring equipment and services. CarlyForCA.com uses a secured/encrypted server for online credit card donations. The online contribution form is in compliance with FEC regulations. Carly for California has put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to prevent unauthorized access.
• CarlyForCA.com links to other sites: Our site may contain links to other Web sites and servers. Carly for California does not bear responsibility for privacy policies or content on linked Web sites. Because the campaign has no control over websites to which we provide links, you agree and acknowledge that Carly for California is not responsible for the availability of resources or external sites and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content provided therein. Accordingly, you also agree and acknowledge that Carly for California will not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance of any such content, services on or through any such site or resource or goods. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on each Web site you visit. CarlyForCA.com provides links to original articles written and maintained by third parties. These links are provided as a convenience and do not imply a claim of ownership in that content or any relationship between CarlyForCA.com and the authors or owners of those articles or sites.
How to unsubscribe from our email list: All signups for email communications and other features of our Web site are voluntary. We give you the opportunity to opt-in and we give you the power to opt-out of email communications. Should you wish to opt-out, an unsubscribe link is included in every e-mail. If your link is not working properly, or you wish to communicate your desire to opt-out directly to us: visit http://www.CarlyForCA.com/unsubscribe, enter your email address and click the “Unsubscribe” button.
Contact information for Carly for California: If you have any questions, comments or concerns please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated March 10, 2010